Wedding Bliss Handmade Card with Fun Stampers Journey

It's been a while since I made a detailed handmade card for a wedding. I love this adorable Wedding Bliss stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey. As soon as I saw it I had an idea in mind. While my design plan changed a bit, I'm still very happy with the way this card turned out and I know the bride will feel the love when she opens it.

Materials

FSJ Butter Cream cardstock 
          6.25" x 4.25" and scrap for stamp
FSJ Hazelnut cardstock 
          10" x 7"
FSJ Bubble gum cardstock 
          6.75" x 4.75", 1" x 7", and 4" x 4" for die
FSJ Vintage music background stamp
FSJ Wedding BLISS ATS
Acrylic blocks
FSJ Black licorice & Hazelnut ink pads
FSJ Glaze glaze
FSJ Sequins
FSJ Doily Die
Lace 1" x 8"
Cream buttons
FSJ Dark roast silk
FSJ Clear silk
Silver or Bronze Brads
Copic Markers
Adhesive and Pop Dots
FSJ Bloom Tool

Making the Card


I started this card by stamping onto butter cream card stock the cake and birds image and the sentiment. I used my detail scissors to fussy cut my image out. Using copic markers I colored the birds in teal and bubble gum and the cake in light yellow. To give it an extra dimension I added journey glaze on the birds and decorated the cake with dots.

Next I stamped the vintage music background stamp onto butter cream cardstock with hazelnut ink. I inked the edges to give it a grungier look. I used the silks to splatter a few drops and used my scissors to tear up the edges a bit. Last I used the bloom tool to pierce a dotted border about 1/4" from the edge.

The bubble gum mat and strip for inside the card I also applied hazelnut ink to the edges and used my scissors in the same fashion I did the butter cream.

My card base from Hazelnut cardstock is scored at 5" and  2.5" then created a Z fold. I again applied hazelnut ink around the edges. Once I figured out where my card would sit up I added brads.


I cut a doily with the doily die from Fun Stampers Journey out of bubble gum cardstock. 

Assembly

To assemble card I added the vintage music mat to the bubble gum mat. I added the doily directly onto the mat with only adhesive in the center and bottom so it would fold up a little behind my image. I wrapped the lace around the bottom of my card, secured it on the back and added two buttons with glue dots. I used pop dots to add my image so it would stand out against the doily. I added the sentiment to the bubble gum strip and adhered it to the inside of the card. Last I used pop dots to attach the bottom half of the bubble gum mat to the small 2.5" x 7" strip of my scored card base. I didn't add adhesive to the top because this part will fold behind once the card is sitting up. 


I really love making these easel cards. It's perfect for displaying on their desk or mantel at home. If you liked this project and want to see more check out my YouTube channel and Instagram! You can also find all the FSJ products used on this project on my website at www.funstampersjourney.com/kristaorr 

Comments

Popular Posts